dimanche 21 octobre 2007

paris pt. 1


the table in our apartment


our wonderful clothes drying system...it really works! thank goodness for clean clothes!



yup...this is out the kitchen window! I have not talked yet about the sixth foor walk up yet...but maybe a is video coming. let's just say I can feel the burn!

...and did I mention the skylight over the bed?



computer time...

right downt the street there is the best greek street food take out! yes, you heard me...greek food! the best spinch pie and all sorts of other strange things like giant beans, spreads...olives! they don't understand english so it is always funny when we do our best to point and say what we can. they also have given us a "free" trial item every time, which always turns out to be awesome! yesterday they gave us this very weird whitish-pink creamy dip. I have no idea what it is...it isn't cheese...nor yogurt...but it kinda tastes like a butter spread with maybe a slight fish taste but not strong at all. tre' bon over bread!

keith loves these beans. and the coscous they insist on (confusingly!) calling taboulleh.


keith likes taking pictures


ok, so you have to go to the effiel tower, right? yeah, so I hate heights and I didn't realize that you had to climb an OPEN caged staircase up to the first floor. um...can I say terrifing! keith thought it was fun, but my knees were buckeling. I made friends with the steel inner casing while keith took pics off the side of the tower!

can you see the tears?

keith congratulating me on making it through all that "romantic sightseeing"


oh, just like cedar point!

back on the beautiful ground!

keith took this...so parisan, noh?



something you definitely don't see in the U.S.


oh....and we congered up the nerve to go to the open market near the apartment (very locals-only and not meant for non-french speakers). a little fast paced and frustrating seeing tons of great food and not being able to say even "apple". we figured out enough to order cheese, roast beef (keith did a great job ordering!), veggies (potatoes, carrots, leeks, onion, apple, pear...) and fresh baggettes/crossiants. I made a great stew and will have more pics later.
au revoir
a

1 commentaire:

Will Yates a dit…

I think that tabbouleh comes in different incarnations. I'm used to the parsley-dominated kind, but I've also seen it where it's mostly couscous/bulghur.